Friday, October 8, 2010

31 for 21: Random Stuff

 


Day 8:  Claire is in bed and I'm tired.  Darren is gone tonight, and it's days like these that I have tons of respect for single parents.  Don't get me wrong, I love being able to spend extra time with Claire (I am only working 3 days a week), but when Darren is out of town, the days and nights wear on me when I don't have help.

Tomorrow morning is our first Ds community group meeting.  Actually, last month was the first meeting, but Claire and I missed it because we were out of town.  I hope that we meet some families in our area that I don't know about, but I'm not sure if anyone new will be there.  This is one of the hardest things about living in a rural area.  There just isn't a large population of people with Ds in our area.  I only know of about 8 kids with Ds in a 50 mile radius.  There may be more, but still, that's a pretty small group of peers for her.

And, because I'm feeling fairly uninspired tonight, I'll give you a couple of pictures from Claire's first silage harvest over Labor Day weekend.  Please excuse my crazy looking dog too.


3 comments:

  1. Great pictures. I love harvest time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like you live in an area quite similar to ours...Our nearest Ds groups and buddy walks are three hours away in Vancouver, so I have never been able to meet up with anyone or join in anything...yet. Love the harvest pictures, its nice to see what other Ranches are up too...we just finished up here for the year.
    Cant wait to hear how your first group meeting went!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The top picture is so cute. Even Claire is looking at your dog like "what are you doing?".

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what is on your mind.