Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pregnancy Update

33 weeks, 3 days.

We get to meet our little one in roughly six weeks....and while I'm excited, I'm so not ready.

I look around my house, and see mess everywhere.  If I can't keep up with work, house and Claire, how the heck is another little one going to fit in?  I know it will be ok, and that once s/he gets here I won't be able to imagine before, without him.  But wow, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed right now!

On the pregnancy side of things, uneventful pretty much sums it up.  My belly is measuring right at 33 weeks, baby's heart rate is always mid 140s to mid 150s, my weight gain is right on track, and my blood pressure seems to have stabilized after it's slight jump a few weeks ago.  We have a girl name picked out (no we aren't telling!), but haven't even started on a boy name yet.

I know you aren't supposed to compare, but I can't help comparing this pregnancy to my pregnancy with Claire.  So different, and yet, so much the same.

The differences are easy to spot.  With Claire, something came up at EVERY ONE of her appointments after about 20 weeks.  Ds markers.  Poor blood flow through the cord.  Heart defect.  Failed NST.  IUGR.  It got to the point where I honestly hated going to her ultrasounds.  I would finally feel emotionally ok with whatever the new development was, and then another appointment would get close, and I was a nervous wreck again.  I know the doctors were looking out for Claire and her well being, but I felt robbed.  Robbed of the 'normal' pregnancy experience, and that was hard.  On the positive side, I have an entire album of Claire's ultrasound pictures.

The biggest similarity between these pregnancies is that I just simply love being pregnant.  Even though all the complications with Claire, I still loved the experience.  I love the early muscle twitch movements of the baby, the first time you can see your stomach shift from the outside, and I even love the almost painful movements now that make me catch my breath at times.

Six weeks left and I'm not quite ready to be un-pregnant.  I know I could be saying something very different in a few weeks though!



These are from our 3D ultrasound at 29 weeks, 6 days.


12 comments:

  1. Soooo excited for you!!! Great pictures. :-) And I'm really glad to hear it's uneventful - my pregnancy with Samantha was also completely uneventful, and that = bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so excited!! love the pix! and love the no events! Happy Pregnancy! smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow! Those pics are amazing!!!!! I loved being pregnant too. I wish I hadn't been so worried with Em, I wasted my last pregnancy.

    Enjoy it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad I'm not alone...people look at me like I'm crazy when I tell them how much I love being pregnant! I love the excitement of it, the feeling of the baby moving, the anticipation of labor...all of it!! Enjoy the last few weeks, they are going to fly by!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just loved being pregnant .. I must have, I did it 6 times!

    The pictures are amazing. Look at that precious, precious face, would you?

    Sending love from California. You guys ae never far from our thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl...I have three and I wish you could see my house right now. There are toys in the hallway, in the living room, in the kids rooms and dishes in the sink, floor needs to be vacuumed and on and on. I just leave it. It's not going anywhere. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow how time flies! It seems like you just said you were pregnant! Can't wait to see this sweet baby.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, the baby looks so precious in those pictures. And don't beat yourself up for comparing you always will, even after baby is born and there is not anything wrong with that! I so excited to find out what you have!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you're feeling well, such exciting times!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such cute pictures. Glad you are feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you are well - nice pictures! Gary

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pictures are amazing! We never had that type of sonogram when we were prego. We are so thrilled for you!! Little Claire is now going to be big sister Claire! Wow, so many great times to look forward to with your growing family!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what is on your mind.