Monday, August 13, 2012

It's been a while!

We're still here!  I can't believe it's been almost a month since I've posted...

We've had a busy summer, spending as much time as we can outside, visiting with friends and family.

The girls are doing good.  They are both getting big, and they can't get enough of each other.

Bridget can sit supported in her boppy.  She loves being part of the action, and hates laying down unless she's sleeping.  Unfortunately, sleeping at night is her one struggle right now.  At six weeks old she was sleeping 5 or 6 hours at night.  Now, at 5 months, she only sleeps about 2 or 3 hours before she wants to nurse again.  I know part of the problem is she's not being swaddled.  It got too hot and she outgrew the blanket I had.  I ordered a larger size in hopes that swaddling again gets us all sleeping better at night.


Claire is busy, busy, busy!  She's spent her summer playing in her new sandbox, swinging at the park, riding in her stroller and practicing kicking her ball all over the yard.  We spent lots of the time in pool, both on vacation and in the local pool.  She loves swimming and jumping in to go underwater.  Claire starts her new daycare at the beginning of September.  She's been in her current center since right around her first birthday, and this is going to be a big change for her.  She's quite attached to the staff and I know she'll miss them. She'll know a few kids at the new center, so I hope the transition will be a smooth one!


3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love both of those pictures. Such happy healthy little girls! You know, maybe Bridget is just going through an insane growth spurt. Or teething. Both of those events did really WEIRD things to my kids' appetites, their rhythms, their moods. Even now, I can always tell when a growth spurt is coming. My son will come down and freaking clean out the refrigerator at 2 in the morning, for days in a row. Then he will sleep until noon. And he will have these scary rages if he doesn't get dinner NOW. Crazy kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. Good luck with that first IEP. I remember ours...it went very well even though I stressed a ton! Your girls are so beautiful and your have a great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Bridget and Claire look soooo much alike!! Good luck with the sleeping and the new preschool!! Sounds exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what is on your mind.