Friday, July 20, 2012

Just the Facts

The girls had doctors appointments this week.  Bridget's was her four month well child check, and Claire's was an ear check and to get orders for her six month thyroid check.  We knew Claire's tubes were out, but while they aren't in her eardrums, they are still sitting in her ears, blocking the view.  I was hoping to know if there was fluid building again, and whether or not we needed to have the tubes replaced.  Unfortunately, we just couldn't tell.

Claire is doing fabulously.  We are still having some behavior issues, both at school and with her sister, but they are  greatly improved.  We've been working HARD on potty training and she is doing great.  If I'm with her constantly, and can be attentive, she can stay dry all day.  It takes a combination of her asking to go, and just taking her frequently, but she is totally getting it.  I am hopeful that she will be out of diapers with a few months.


The Facts:
Claire weighs 26 lbs, which was exactly my guess.
Bridget is 14 lbs, 7 oz (I guessed 15 lbs), and 26 in.  She grew 2 1/2 inches in 2 months, and is 93% for length!

Bridget is fabulous, sleeping and eating well.  She's a happy, smiley baby.  She's rolling, playing with toys, and gnawing on any finger left too close to her mouth.  In fact, I was holding her on my hip the other day and had Claire's cup of rice milk in my hand.  All of a sudden I look down and she's slurping milk up out of the straw!


Since Bridget is so tall, we are having to make changes much faster than we did with Claire.  She only has 3 more inches before she outgrows her infant seat.  I knew this was coming soon, but I really want her to be sitting independently before moving to a convertible car seat, as I wouldn't have her bucket for shopping trips.

We are also going to have to make a change in her sleeping arrangement.  Right now, she is in a bassinet next to the bed.  The weight limit is 15 lbs, and stretched out she is almost touching both ends.  The problem is our room is small.  And our bed is big.  (We bought a king size bed while I was pregnant, and there is no way I'm giving it up).  A pack and play won't fit, and she's not ready to move down stairs as she still gets up once a night to eat.  I don't want her sleeping with us (she does on occasion while nursing, and I can't sleep), but I'm not sure what other options there are.


Summer is always busy.  We try to take advantage of the longer days and are outside as much as possible. Which leaves little time for computer time or reading time for me.  So, while I haven't been commenting as much as I'd like I'm trying hard to keep up with reading about all our friends!

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have two growing, healthy girls on your hands! Way to go on the potty training! We have really good days and Sutter is getting better at telling me when he has to pee, but it's still so hit and miss. I've noticed that if I don't take him the second he tells me then he pees in the diaper a little but will still go when I get him on the potty...I'm so ready to be a diaper free house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when you post Melissa :)...The girls sound like they are doing fantastic! Man, sounds like everyone has started potty training, I don't even want to go there with Russell right now! We are having behavior issues, tantrums and what not so I just don't feel like adding another battle on top the the mix at this point...sigh...But I'm with Wren, I cannot wait to be in a diaper free house!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great update! Glad both girls are doing so well. Maybe when you're down here Claire can talk to Lucas about using the potty and Bridget can talk to Malcolm about gaining some weight ;) Can't wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed the update. I've had a hard time keeping up with blogs (my own and others) and look forward to some routine once summer is over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This summer I am a total mess. I try to get to people's blogs, I really do, but I...well, you know. Everything is nuts. Love the update, and I'm so glad that everyone is doing well. That baby is going to be eating steak before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this summer has been hard to keep up my blgo much less keep up with others but i sure try....sometimes i can catch up on my phone:) Your girls are getting so big

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the update on the girls. Everything seems to be going well you them --how great. Keep up the good mommying:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what is on your mind.