I meant to do this update post along with Claire's 15 month appointment, but with the car and computer trouble it slipped past me. So, a little bit of bragging about my girl!
* Claire is pulling to stand on everything. She's been doing this for quite a few months, but recently added vertical surfaces like walls.
* Claire is a speedy, crawling machine. She loves to be chased down the hallway and just giggles like crazy. She's started doing a half bear crawl sometimes, with one leg kicked out.
* Signs: milk, dad (occasionally), dog, all done (all the time!), eat
* Will point to things and people she wants. Claire is great at pointing to her straw cup when she wants a drink while eating.
* She will follow directions like stop, come here, say goodbye (wave), blow kisses. And she will also give you a look when she ISN'T going to follow a direction like 'stop playing with the blinds'.
* She is pretty much weaned from the bottle and completely on straw cups. Sometimes it seems like she isn't drinking enough and I'll give her a bottle, but she'll only drink a few ounces that way too.
* Claire is a great eater, but still resists feeding herself sometimes. The slimier the food (green beans, squash) the more she resists. She doesn't have any problem self-feeding things like meat, grilled cheese and string cheese.
* Teeth: She has 10 teeth in with 2 more on the way. On the top she has, the 4 middle ones and the molars. On the bottom, the 2 middle and the molars. She just started getting the other bottom middles. The bottom molars, especially on one side, have been slow to come in and she has a sore in the corner of her mouth from the drool and something (usually her thumb) always stuck in there.
* Claire's hearing is great. She knows that when the front door opens Daddy is home. She also knows the sound of the bathroom door, and rushes to join whoever is headed that way.
* Yesterday we had the follow up appt with the ENT. Her left ear still has fluid and isn't showing ear drum movement, but her right is great. After talking with the ENT, he is inclined to be a little conservative and not do tubes yet. He didn't want to do them too soon. Any thoughts from experienced tube moms?
All in all, Clairey is doing great. I'll have to add pictures a little later as the squirmy worm on my lap is done sitting still!