She weighs 13 lb, 12 oz. (50% on Ds chart, 10% typical) and is 24.5 inches long (35% Ds, 18% typical). She weighed 11 lb, 8 oz before her surgery just 6 weeks ago. While I am absolutely thrilled with all this weight gain (she didn't gain anything in the 2 weeks prior to OHS), it means that I bought WAY too many size 1/2 diapers! I knew she would take off after surgery, but I didn't expect an almost 2.5 lb gain in 6 weeks.
Claire got two shots at the appointment and did as well as can be expected with them. There were the usual tears, but I was able to get her calmed down pretty quickly. One of her poor little legs still has a knot in it from the shot, but it doesn't seem to be bothering her. The appointment wore her out and she crashed on the floor after just a couple of minutes.
Other six month stuff:
- We tried cereal for the first time last week after her well baby appt. It went ok and I have lots of cute pictures to share.
- Claire's favorite toy is her Octoplush. She clutches him to her chest causing him to cycle endlessly through his songs. Some other favorite toys include her Oball Rattle and Crinkle Book. Links and her mirror are still hits as well.
- I'm going to have to move Claire out of our room soon. The weight limit on her bassinet is 15 lbs, so I probably only have about a month left before she's at that weight. Our house is a bi-level, so she'll be on a different floor, and I think she's going to sleep on her stomach in her crib, neither of which I'm crazy about.
- Claire is eating about 20-24 oz a day. She still sleeps through the night (9-5:30), but isn't on a good nap schedule. Some days have one nap, some days four naps.
- We had a follow up appt with an eye Dr a couple of weeks ago to talk about her nystagmus. The Dr did a VERY quick exam, said everything looked perfect with no peripheral vision loss like we were concerned about, and sent us on our way. Yes, I'm thrilled her eyes look great (back in a year for a check up), but I wasn't excited about a 4 hour round trip drive for a 15 minute appt...We still need to do a swallow study and hearing test to finish up her 6 month appts.
- Gravity has finally worked its magic on her hair and it no longer stands straight up. I'm going to have to get used to putting barrettes in her hair though because it's long enough that it's ALWAYS in her eyes.