I recently got Gross Motor Skills in Children With Down Syndrome and have started doing some of the exercises with Claire. One of the things I've been working on with her is reaching. She has no problem getting her hands off the floor and into her mouth when she wants to, but most of the time her arms are flopped out at her sides.
I'm having a hard time finding a toy that motivates her to reach or to lift her head off the floor for very long. Maybe she's not quite ready for it, but the toys I have don't seem to hold her attention very well. She likes the lights and sounds on her activity gym, so I think something along those lines might be good. She also loves soft things. She always has her hands grabbing her clothes, burp rag or around my shirt. I think these are easy for her to grab and hold onto, so maybe a soft small toy would be good. If you have any recommendations for toys your kiddos enjoyed around 3-6 months of age I would love to hear about them.
Unforeseen Gifts was kind enough to bestow the Happy Award on me.
Here are the rules for the award:
1. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
2. Name the person who gave the award to you and link to their blog (or hyperlink).
3. List 10 things that make you happy.
4. Pass the award on to other bloggers and visit their blogs to let them know.
My Happy Things:
1. Sleeping in. Granted, I don't get to do this anymore...but the thought of sleeping in someday still makes me happy.
2. Coconut shrimp from Red Lobster. Yum!
3. Warm weather and sunshine. I am so ready for summer.
4. A good book. Preferably enjoyed in a hammock, in the sun.
5. A white chocolate mocha with caramel.
6. Traveling. I love seeing new places, and would love to mark a few more locations off my "would like to visit" list.
7. A bargain. I'm not much of a shopper, but I love getting a good deal on something I was going to buy anyways.
8. A massage and a pedicure.
9. My wonderful family and friends. I am truly blessed to be surrounded by such loving people.
10. And most importantly, Claire. Her sweet smile brightens every one of my days.
Since I'm terribly behind on my blog reading (as usual), and not sure where this has been, I'm not going to pass it on. But, if you haven't done your list of happy things yet, please join in. It's a great way to get to know a little more about each other.