Friday, February 24, 2012

Seven Snippets Fridays, #5



--- 1 ---

Claire is making an appearance on her friend Wyatt's blog today.  Wyatt is celebrating February with a whole month of Valentines!

--- 2 ---

My headaches have subsided and for that I am extremely grateful. Things are slowly coming together.  A load of laundry for baby is done, so s/he will have at least a couple of options other than blankets.  The car seat has been located, though not installed in the car.  The taxes are almost done, with maybe an hour or two of fine tuning this weekend.  The only pressing issue continues to be the piles on my desk at work.  I've come to the realization that there are just going to be some things I have to pass off to others.

--- 3 ---

I'm sure most of you know Courtney and the Squibs, but if you don't, you MUST visit her blog.  She is the inspiration behind many of the half finished projects I have for Claire all over the house.  But more than that, she inspires me.  Her post Getting to Integral is what I want for Claire.  Claire has jobs where she is integral (she is the drawer closer in the kitchen, and the best trash-thrower-awayer ever), but I've realized this needs to be a continual and evolving process, for both our kids.

--- 4 ---

I've started packing my bags, both for the hospital and for the possibility we end up staying with Darren's parents for a while.  Packing for 3 people (Darren's on his own), for an undetermined length of time is hard.  In true procrastinator fashion, that means I've hit a wall after packing a few toiletries, a blanket for baby and some of Claire's silverware.

--- 5 ---

Darren is under the impression that we have decided on both a girl and boy name.

He's wrong.

I'm still not sure on the boy name, just as I wasn't with Claire.  Makes me kind of hope for a girl.  At least the kid will have a name!

--- 6 ---

If baby doesn't make his appearance on my schedule, and we end up living at the farm for a while, our internet access will be SEVERELY LIMITED.  There is no internet at the farm, and I'm not sure if there is wi-fi in the surrounding towns.  I may have to do a bit of traveling to get online. Because of that, first news of baby will probably be on Facebook. At least I have access to that on my phone.

--- 7 ---


Claire at about 2 months old.  She was still on O2 while sleeping after her bout with RSV.


For more Seven Snippets, visit Bringing the Sunshine!

3 comments:

  1. Hee hee. Love how you say that your husband is on his own with the packing. I gave up that task long ago, because I will always screw it up no matter how hard I try. If HE forgets his swim trunks, it is his fault.

    You are miles ahead of where you were a week ago. I don't know about you, but I'm feeling good about your progress! Just give us a head's up if you can when you head out to have this baby, and I'll keep my eyes peeled on FB!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa, I love that picture of Clare so very young. My how she has grown. Hope all goes off without a hitch. Can't wait to here the big news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can not wait to hear about your new joy and Claire as a big sister!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what is on your mind.