Sunday, December 5, 2010

Only 15 days left...

to get your Angel Tree ornament from Reece's Rainbow.  Donations of $35 or more to the Celine by midnight on December 20th will receive an ornament for your tree.  Celine's smiling face has a prime spot on our tree this year, and I know she would look beautiful on your tree too!



Thank you all who have donated to Celine's adoption fund so far, but she still needs more help from us.  And she needs help NOW.  She turned 5 in October, and she is on borrowed time.  At any time she could be transferred to an institution.  While living in an orphanage is not ideal, it is much, much better than the institution.  The only way to guarantee that she doesn't end up in an institution is to find her a family. 

Russia is one of the more expensive countries to adopt from, and the $33,000 price tag is a huge challenge for most families.  And while it may not seem like much, EVERY SINGLE donation helps.  Whether it's $1 or $5 or maybe more, it adds up.  So, this Christmas season, as we are busy shopping and buying gifts, I'm asking you to stop and think about a little girl who doesn't have a family.  If you aren't able to donate the $35 for an ornament, please give just $5.  This is a cup of coffee at Starbucks, and I while none of us will miss $5, it could help make the difference between life and death for Celine.

There are many ways to donate to Celine.  You can visit her on the Angel Tree, on her profile page, or you can donate via the Chip In. ----->  All of these ways to donate are 100% tax deductible.  If you'd rather not donate electronically, you can always mail a check to Reece's Rainbow at Reece's Rainbow, PO Box 4024, Gaithersburg, MD 20885.  If you mail a check there won't be any fees deducted from it as there are when you donate by Paypal. 

Please, just $5!

1 comment:

  1. Ok I just realized that I never sent out your baby legs you won from the auction. I thought I had everything sent out, then I found them on Arina's dresser. I am going to send out an extra pair for me taking so dang long! Sorry!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear what is on your mind.